MUSIC CITY CLASSIC INFORMATION AND PLAYING RULES
Tournament Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow @MusicCityBB on Twitter for weather and game updates
National High School Federation Baseball Rules will be enforced with the following exceptions:
1. Home Team shall be done by the flip of a coin between 2 coaches.
2. Time Limit - All games will be played with a strict two-hour time limit. No inning can start after two hours. The umpires will keep time. Each game will be played in 7 innings or until the time expires. Teams should be ready to play 25 minutes after the end of the preceding game, even if it ends early.
3. Taking Infield: There will be NO Infield at the host sites. Some fields may allow you to use the cages.
4. Mercy Rules: A. - The game will end if the visiting team is behind by 12 or more runs after 3 1/2 innings or the visiting team is ahead by 12 or more runs after four complete innings.
B. - The game will end if the visiting team is behind by eight or more runs after 4 1/2 innings or the visiting team is ahead by eight or more runs after five complete innings.
5. Hitting lineup and player use: Can consist of 9 or 10, or 11 batters. The lineup must stay with either 9 or 10, or 11 batters (whichever is used) for the entire game. The 10th hitter, if used, will be designated as an EH on the lineup card and the 11th as the XH. You can also use a DH as provided for in the NHSF rules. If both coaches agree, you can continuously hit your entire roster; however, if for any reason, including injury or ejection, a player does not hit in their original spot - an out will be recorded for that spot. You can make free defensive substitutions.
You can use a courtesy runner for the pitcher and catcher per NHSF rules.
6. Scoring: Home team will be the official scorebook.
7. Sportsmanship: In the interest of maintaining a quality event, the tournament committee reserves the
right to eject any person from the site for unruly or unsportsmanlike behavior. Any coach or player who is ejected for the second time during the tournament will be eliminated from participating for the remainder of the tournament.
8. Not covered in the Rules: If any item is not covered, the tournament director will make the fairest possible ruling, and that ruling will be final.
9. Ties: If the game is a tie at the end of the 2-hour time limit - it will be ruled a tie.
10.. Umpires: All assigned umpires are from TrueBlue
11. Baseballs: Each team is responsible for its game balls. (High School Federation or College Approved)
12. Please have your team clean the dugouts after your game.
13. All individuals park at their own risk.
14. Admission for fans: all fans will be required to buy a wristband for $10.00 for each game or $40.00 for a tournament pass. 12U is free
15. WOOD BATS & BAUM BATS are the only bats permitted in the event.
*TEAMS MAY NOT ADD PLAYERS FROM OTHER ROSTERS ONCE THEIR TEAM IS ELIMINATED!
TURF FIELDS- Hendersonville, Vanderbilt, Riverdale, Oakland, Rose Park, Friendship, WKU- NO SPIKES OR SEEDS!